Interdisciplinary Work

To demonstrate the interdisciplinary nature of my major, I would like to provide some of my most relevant and polished class assignments.

Philosophy

Philosophical writing focuses heavily on abstract concepts, normative claims, and supporting those claims through sustained engagement with critics of your position. A typical philosophy paper would follow this general format:

Principle of Charity

• Represent their view in the best most compelling way possible
  • Adopt reasonable assumptions that are least favorable to your own view

Identify your assumptions

• Acknowledge that alternatives exist
  • Make assumptions necessary for your paper

Acknowledge the limitations of your argument

• Concede to the limitations of your argument

Define crucial terms

Use examples to support important ideas

Some of my best philosophy papers are linked below:

Management Studies/Economics

Management studies and economics focus much more heavily on empirical claims and data. Unlike philosophy, economics strives to answer the “why,” instead of the philosophically preferred “should we…” “is it good to…” and “we ought to…” Management studies provides a real-world framework in which to apply your critical thinking and practical skills.

Political science

My political science courses provided a strong foundation for me to begin my law school career. It taught me organization, the importance of details, critical reading, in-depth analysis, and the IRAC method of briefing legal cases. The assignment I will always have the most pride in is my case note from Constitutional Law on the case Citizens United v. FEC. Interested? Take a look at it below!

Psychology

Although there were fewer psychology classes within my major, the few I did have made significant contributions to my wider understanding of society and the individuals that create society. Many papers reflect on character traits and opinions of individuals, understanding these characteristics, and how to work with others when you may not agree.