Anotated Bibliography

LexisNexis

• LexisNexis is the legal database I used to access most of the cases I based my research on, as well as several related cases for reference. This database contains information related to specific cases, but also general legal information, such as relevant rules, important terms, case summaries, and complete court records. This source was invaluable for finding the cases that are at the heart of my project. It provides accurate, peer reviewed, and confirmed information.I would not have a paper without cases to analyze, and the research librarian, my advisor, and practicing lawyers I spoke to about my project recommended LexisNexis as a reliable and accurate source of legal information.

The American Bar Association (ABA)

• The ABA is another legal database. It outlines and explains all of the rules lawyers are required to adhere to in order to retain their license to practice. This source was particularly useful for identifying and understanding the Rules of Professional Conduct each case revolved around.

Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice

• This textbok, required for my Industrial and Organizational Psychology class in the Fall of 2020, provided a basic background and context to businesses and organizations’ structures. Topics covered included job analysis, training, employee motivations, job attitudes & emotions, organizational development, work groups & teams, and assessment methods. Although this text was not directly related to legal analysis and decision making, it provided some valuable broad context and familiarity with terms often seen in business settings.

DSEF Ethical Frameworks

• This source was invaluable in summarizing, evaluating, and implementing different ethical frameworks. It provided a clear distinction between the three ethical frameworks I plan to analyze throughout my final project. It’s use of clear examples is helpful in determining how best to apply each separate framework throughout my analysis. It also helped me in determining which ethical paradigms I wanted to include and analyze  throughout my project.

Each citation can be found here!