Project Update #6: Music, New York, and Film, Oh My!

Wow that title was really bad. But! There are indeed some exciting developments to share with this new post!

First off, let’s discuss filming of the music video. Just last week I met with Phil in his studio in Minneapolis to review every single second of footage we have so far. With just about an hour of footage for this probably-seven-minutes-long video (at most!) I can report that I’m very happy with what we have so far. We also made plans as to when we’re filming the final stretch of the video, which is the section specifically where I’m actually lip-syncing to the song. We decided that sometime in February or March we’ll be filming that portion around the town of Northfield and perhaps even in the Natural Lands! It’ll be quite exciting.

Second, referring to the music portion, I was so excited yesterday to have received an email from Jake that contained the final master of the song! After a listen, I couldn’t be happier with how it sounds. With a song consisting of purely electronic instruments, Jake worked hard to make them sound so natural and energetic. And with the Jake Seal of Approval, I can confidently say the song will sound good being played from any source: right on your phone/computer, from speakers, in your car, everywhere! EDIT: The song itself is now uploaded and available for listening in the Senior Project tab!

And lastly, the biggest announcement doesn’t even relate to my final project, really. I get to announce that I got invited by Tisch at NYU to attend Applicant’s Weekend after applying for their Graduate Musical Theatre Writing program! Applicant’s Weekend takes place the first week of March and the weekend will be all about going to NYU/Tisch and seeing the place, meeting faculty and other applicants, and completing a special assignment that will determine if I’m either accepted right out or get waitlisted. Either way, I’m just so so happy about it and very proud of all the hard work I put into the application, and I’m thankful for everyone who helped along the way.

That’s all for this post. The next things to come for the site are an annotated bibliography and new info being posted to the Project tab! Take it sleazy, everyone.