Project Update #4: Money, Money, Money, Must Be Funny

As you can tell by the header, this blog post is all about the exciting updates in terms of the financial aspects of my video! I can happily share that I’ve started a GoFundMe page for my music video, open to any and all financial helpings anyone can afford to contribute to. So far, things are going really well with the GoFundMe. I set myself the goal of raising up to $500 to adequately pay my cast and crew, but also pay fees like reservation fees at one of my shooting locations. And we’ve been off to a great start! With being live for less than 3 days, I already have donations totaling to $150. And with so much time ’til spring, we have much more opportunities to share.

So as we keep heading on through with this video, my expectations are optimistic in terms of ending with enough money to properly thank everyone who has helped with my video. Additionally, this is a very important thing to get familiar with, as in today’s day and age, crowd funding is a very relevant and useful tool to utilize. I’m learning how it encourages me to reach out to others and actually realize how many people want to see me succeed and help out in that process. It’s really humbling, not going to lie, but don’t worry, I’m sure it’ll go to my head very soon!