Senior Project & Presentation

In this section, you can find all the material that went into making my Senior Project, which is “Hold My Hand: A Music Video by Benny James.”

CAST LIST

• Phil Countryman: Director – Executive Producer – Editor – Cinematographer
  • Benny James: Creator – Role of “Benny” – Director – Producer – Head Writer
  • Katie Anderson: Role of “The Director”
  • Mitch Rassett: Role of “The Date”
  • “Hold My Hand” Original Music and Lyrics Composed by Benny James
  • Professional Audio Mastered by Jacob Bruce

Shooting Locations: University of Minnesota – Minneapolis (Outdoor Campus), The Black Dog Cafe in Lowertown, St. Paul MN, town of Northfield.

Below you can view the shooting script of the video! For a fun bonus, you can watch the final video and compare/contrast what you see in the script!

Click below to listen to the song!

Official Audio for “Hold My Hand.” Written and Performed by Benny James. Produced by Benny James and Jake Bruce.

EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE

Here you can find a detailed list of all the equipment and software used to create the song and video!

Logic Pro X

• Used to create the mix and master of “Hold My Hand” with the use of MIDI instruments, software plugins for editing, and for vocal recording
  • The audio tools plugin software Waves Gold was also used in the mix/master process, which is a wonderful software full of helpful tools in addition to Logic’s tools used to EQ and reverb the song

PreSonus Audiobox + Condenser Mic

• The Audiobox from PreSonus is like the gateway to allow my off-brand condenser microphone work its magic
  • The Audiobox is a dual channel interface with MIDI capability as well and it actually makes my dopey little condenser mic sound good

Canon 7D DSLR

• For filming, Phil used his own Canon 7D DSLR camera, as well as his own lighting and sound equipment
  • Misc. tools included a steady-cam mount, body microphones, and lighting rigs

Final Cut Pro & DaVinci Color Resolve

• For video editing, Phil uses Final Cut Pro to assemble all our footage and audio and put it together into a video timeline
  • For more detailed editing, Phil adjusts and color-corrects with DaVinci Color Resolve, a software used in professional settings to provide a wide variety of color grading and correction

ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY

Below you can view a PDF of my annotated bibliography of any and all resources, readings, and inspirations that played a relevant role in the making of this video!

PRESENTATION

Below you can view my video presentation, and below that you can view/download a PDF copy of the Read-Along Document that accompanies the video. The PDF will not be a verbatim recreation of the video itself, but it’ll keep all the concepts I talk about organized into a helpful document.

Video Presentation for Hold My Hand, including still frames from the video project!

MY SENIOR PROJECT: “HOLD MY HAND”

Please enjoy the final product of this entire major: Hold My Hand, Original Music Video!

“Hold My Hand” Original Video, © Benny James, 2020