My physical limits have drastically increased and been tested over the last few weeks. I generally have struggled with strength in the past as I’m not much of an athlete and quite frankly I can be a bit lazy. The constant movement and lifting on site has allowed me to test my strength and I watch myself become stronger everyday. Recently, Dr. Howe led a yoga class and I found that this also tested my body and its abilities. I am becoming much more in tune with how my body works and how I need to take care of it in order for it to work at its best potential. I find that mini dance parties with my teammates throughout the day also help my body continue to work at its best. I am also becoming stronger mentally. I find that I am refining valuable skills and becoming more knowledgeable in many areas of archaeology I had not thought about before.

I find myself falling in love with archaeology more and more everyday. Whether it be in the field working or doing my own research at home, it continues to fascinate me and reel me in. It feels fulfilling and relieving to have finally found a career and passion that speaks to me. The hardest part of archaeology right now is deciding how to move forward with it in the future. I have recently been introduced to a few archeological paths that are both appealing and beneficial to me in many ways. I feel that while I won’t make the wrong choice because each option will be good for me, one option may be more fitting for me. There are many factors to consider and I am lucky to have a supportive community here to talk me through them and give me advice moving forward. I am proud of every single person working on this project and one of my favorite things is watching them grow and discover new passions of their own. It has been an absolutely beautiful experience talking with everyone and picking their brains about a variety of topics. Everyone here is so intelligent and it feels wonderful to be part of such a uniquely minded and perceptive group.