If my potential employer asks about my time in Turkey, there were would be many things that I would want them to know. First would be similar to most abroad experiences in that, I have learned to work with others that are from a different culture and to work through the language barrier. I believe that specifically the first part is a major asset because it shows that you are mature enough to have coping mechanisms for culture shock. It also shows that you can be put in a very different environment that you are used to and learn to quickly accept that and continue to work and be productive mentally and physically. The language barrier also shows skills in how to find different ways to communicate that could come in hand in a range of professional settings.
Another thing I would want to explain to my potential employer would be the climate and team dynamic. While working here it is important to recognize that this is a very different environment, both culturally and climate wise, which can be tiring. We also have long days of working in the sun, which means sometimes your site-mates and others in the group may not be having the best day. This project has offered a great opportunity to observe how these conditions affect us and how we can help each other. I think this is a great skill because it shows that you have an ability to read others and react to their behavior in the most productive and effective way.
Along with this, we are constantly observing our surroundings and trying to piece everything we see together and reason why they are there. I see this skill as beneficial because it shows that our minds are always at work and aiming towards a solution. With this skill comes humility, when you are always theorizing and sharing, you have to accept that you will be wrong, probably many times in a row. It also means that you have learned to accept this and have learned to take constructive criticisms and apply it towards the problem instead of being offended.
Many skills come out of this experience and they are all marketable. I am proud to say that I have been able to learn and use these skills here. I hope to continue to use these skills, as they are helpful for everyday and not just the work place.