If a potential employer were to ask about my time thus far in Turkey, I would have several points to discuss. Firstly, and perhaps most importantly, is the ability to successfully work in a team. Over the past month the vast majority of the time spent working on site has involved making joint decisions and discussing potential techniques and strategies for carrying out our work amongst peers, as well as speculation over the possible purposes of our areas and their historical time frames. Now obviously, many of these discussions contained disagreements, and it is just as well that they did, as these disputes and debates further added to our skills in working in this kind of environment, allowing us to develop habits of consideration, reasonability, compromise, and respect for each other.

In addition to teamwork, I would also speak on how the experience helped me develop a sense of self-ownership and leadership. Often times working at Antiochia you find yourself having your own specific task to do, even if you are working as a part of a group. It is, of course, entirely up to you to decide how well and efficiently you will complete this task. Sometimes you also find yourself having to take on tasks without being asked, or making judgements for the betterment of everyone at the cost of putting in more effort yourself. In the working world, this willingness to take responsibility for oneself, as well as show concern and make an effort on behalf of the group is extremely valuable, and are traits every employer looks for.

Finally, I would say that Antiochia has further increased my abilities in working in foreign situations, as well as in working with new people. Adaptability and tact in these situations is valuable for any employer operating an international business, or in many cases domestic businesses as well. For these reasons and more, I would say Antiochia makes a fine addition to a resume, and also stands out where other internships would not.