As we’ve continued learning the necessities in working at our site, such as taking measurements to see how deep we’ve dug at the end of the day and labeling our finds (such as a glass base, bones, pottery, and architectural remains) in bags, I’ve had to manage all the hard work with a busted up knee from a bad fall at the cove. What’s funny is the fact that it wasn’t an injury from working at the site, but from our free time to this beautiful cove with the bluest color ocean I have ever seen. The way you get their is by going down this steep cliff with no safe rails to hold on to, not to mention that there’s hardly any room for two people to walk side by side. It’s also very rocky and what had happened was as I was about to get down to the water, I slipped onto the pointy and sharp rocks, went down on my knee to catch myself, and blood quickly pouring out.
Even through this annoying injury where I’m not allowed to swim for a week and constantly being aware of my knee being covered, I’ve managed to continue on with my hard work of the week, finding many pottery pieces, blue glass, a jaw belonging to a sheep, and many other bones. The upside to having a busted up knee is I can still work on my drawings. I’ve drawn mostly pottery pieces that have been found in different areas of the Acropolis. I tell myself to be patient with my trench since mostly what we dig up is stone and rock; And not just focusing on finding stuff. The more I learn about this lovely country, such as why the soil is a bright red and the process in the creation of limestone, the more I begin to appreciate our site as an area ready to be understood and how the people who once originated there lived.