gracias. Donations for Vieques.

Last year as part of our recovery efforts for hurricane Maria and Irma in Puerto Rico, I worked with members of PRESENTE and KARIBU to collect donations among students, which included a Donate a Meal tabling event. Thanks to the generosity of many students, leaders and the Department of Romance Languages and many of our students we were able to identify the right non-profit to donate the funds.
I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness, support, empathy and generosity. Special thanks to Karina, Tamira, Leslie, Jasmyn, Charles, Cielo, Andrew and the Department of Romance Languages for their efforts, time, and support! Please forgive me if I have forgotten to thank anyone by name, it has been a while since we did this and my memory may be failing me, but my heart still fills with joy every time I remember the love and help received.
You may read about about COREFI, the organization we chose and their very important mission in the island of Vieques, a municipality of Puerto Rico.  In the next couple of weeks  I will be in Vieques volunteering with this and other organizations on the ground,  to represent everyone that  helped us raise $554.85.  It may not seem like a lot, but it will go a long way, as the most vulnerable populations of Vieques (the elderly and the youth) are still struggling to get back on their feet.
I will be glad to provide any additional information you may want or answer any questions you may have.

Un abrazo desde Puerto Rico,

Kristina
February 2018