For Blog #7, you made a list of experience and skills you want to be able to list on your resume as a result of this CURI project. Make any revisions to this list, then describe your progress toward these goals.

Here’s what I said in blog #7:

Some skills I would like to be able to list on my resume as a result of this CURI project:
further developing skills in digital humanities
teamwork
time management
leadership/ taking initiative
professional communication
archival research skills (how to use different databases, how to find things effectively, how to determine if a source is worth using, etc)
critical thinking
effective communication of a message to a diverse audience

I don’t have many revisions to make as far as the content of the list goes, but I have definitely made progress on each of these items.

further developing skills in digital humanities: I have greatly improved my web development skills as they relate to WordPress, especially the Divi Builder. This was one of my main goals, especially because WordPress is becoming one of the most prominent platforms for web development in the professional world. I’m sure this skill will help me in the future.
teamwork: Our team has made a lot of strides in how we work together. I think we have learned a lot about each other’s strengths and weaknesses and have learned to work effectively with one another, which is definitely a big step. This experience is definitely going to leave me with a lot more knowledge of teamwork than I previously had.
time management: As this project has progressed, I have learned a lot about how to best manage my time while working independently. I have also learned more about what times of day I am most productive, and what kind of environment is best for me to work in.
leadership/ taking initiative: I have definitely been a leader in developing the digital tools and helping with aspects of those.
professional communication: I think I have learned a lot about sending effective emails when requesting information from different scholarly resources. I have also learned how to present concerns professionally and productively.
archival research skills (how to use different databases, how to find things effectively, how to determine if a source is worth using, etc): Maggie Epstein has definitely helped me a lot in learning how to use the databases. I have taken initiative to learn how to use these myself, and I have made a lot of progress.
critical thinking: I have learned to consider primary and secondary documents from a critical perspective, which has helped me find a number of useful and reliable sources and make the website a lot more polished. I have also gotten to practice implementing others’ constructive criticism to better my work.
effective communication of a message to a diverse audience: I think that I have learned a lot about accessibility in creating this website (and the PDF for those with vision impairments.) I have also learned that it’s a lot more of a time consuming process to cater to different ability levels than I had previously thought, but it’s definitely a worthwhile pursuit.