Describe what digital tools will best fit your research topic. What technology skills do you know? What will you need to learn?

At this point, it seems that I will be pursuing the reception history of Northanger Abbey. I will be tracing examples of the reception history from 1803 (when it was first submitted to a publisher) to contemporary interpretation by both conservative and liberal groups.

Obviously, a timeline seems best suited to this topic. My goal is to create an interactive timeline which utilizes other forms of media for individual entries. I would like to make it possible to embed this into our WordPress site, possibly with a printable PDF version.

I know how to use design software like InDesign and Illustrator that may help us create the design of the timeline and elements of it which we will use in the PDF/ timeline entries. I also know how to use Issuu and make presentation videos with voiceovers, which may be tools I would like to utilize. I would like to improve my knowledge of Prezi.

Skills I would like to learn for this project include using the KnightLab StoryMap software, as well as the Divi builder in order to embed the project and make it look polished as a part of the website.