Common Photo Sizes
- When you use your phone or a digital camera, your photos will often be large (3264 X 2448 pixels and 2-4 MB).
- Before you upload photos to WordPress, you should resize them (640 X 480 pixels, for example) and resample them (72 DPI for screen viewing) so that the photos are under 100 KB.
Using the “Preview” Application on the Mac
- Double click on one of your photos, and it will automatically open in “Preview.”
- Rotating: If you need to rotate your photo, go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Rotate left” or “Rotate right.”
- Cropping: If you need to crop your photo, click on it and drag the dotted box around the area you would like to keep. You can adjust the dotted box if you originally made it too large or too small. Go to the “Tools” in menu and click on “Crop.”
- Adjusting color: If you need to adjust the color, go to the “Tools” menu and click on “Adjust color.”
- Adjusting size: In the menu, click on “Tools” and go down to “Adjust size.” You can select a custom size, but a common choice would be 640 X 480 pixels. The “resolution” should be set at “72″ for screen viewing, and you should put checks in the boxes next to “Scale proprotionally” and “Resample image.” Click the “OK” button. Your photo might look smaller than it actually is, so to to the “View” menu and click on “Actual size.”