When putting my list together for the first time I thought there was no way I was going to fit everything I could need for 4 months of my life into a suitcase. There was a lot of texting my friends (Thank you again!!) about what I should bring and whether it was too much or not, going over the DIS packing list, and searching past DIS bloggers about what they brought (this one was helpful).
Just in case you’re feeling the same about packing, I put together a list of what I brought and some outfit inspiration I found. I ended up spending waaayyy too much time on Pinterest and various other fashion blogs to see what people were wearing.
- Pants (7)
- Jeans (3)- Light, Dark, Black
- Black Plaid Pants- for more of a professional look
- Athletic leggings (2)
- Shorts (2)-Jeans and Athletic
- Tanks (2)
- Plain T-shirts (4)
- Long sleeve shirts (5)
- Light sweaters (4)
- Button-down blouses (3)- I love my button-downs
- Flannels (2)
- Light cardigan or jacket (2)
- Heavy cardigan-My go-to cozy item in the winter
- Sweatshirts (2)- had to bring my Patagonia pullover
- Workout tank and sports bra
- Dresses (2)
- Winter coat
- Light brown booties
- White converse- They go with everything
- Black flats
- Black boots
- Blanket scarves (2)
- Black leather gloves
- Fun earings (3)
- Hot water bottle- I love having one during the winter months, great for colds!
- An assortment of pens
- Watercolor pallet
- Small MN themed gift for my visiting host family– Will keep you updated about who they are
In My Carry-On
- Personal ID information- Passport, Drivers License, etc.
- Printed housing information, Visiting Permit, Itinerary, etc.
- Phone & charger- With lots of music and podcasts downloaded
- Laptop & charger
- Ipad & charger- I love taking my notes on it instead of using notebooks!
- Journal & my favorite pen
- Basic toiletries-face wash, deodorant, toothbrush &toothpaste, etc. (Will buy most when I get there)
- Water bottle
- Medication-Melatonin, pain killers, etc.
- Vitamin D- Trying to get ahead of the deficiency before the winter darkness starts!
- Extra pair of clothes- You never know what could happen!
Just a few images I found off of blogs or Pinterest to get you thinking about Swedish fashion. I’ll let you know if they are true to life once I get there!
Hopefully you found this helpful or it at least gave you some inspiration! Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!