Music Monday: Oscar Soul Experience

Happy Monday! I am alive! I apologize for not posting last week. It’s been a rough part of the semester with midterms going on but I’m feeling pretty good now. This week seems like it will be pretty low key so I am hoping to write an update soon!

I am super excited about the band this week. I know I say that every week because I haven’t found any music that I don’t like. I just had a lot of fun seeing them perform on Friday. My friend and I randomly decided to go to a Facebook event that was recommended. We headed to Södra Teatern without knowing what to expect and had an absolute blast! If you want to join me on November 15th, I will be going to see them again because it was an incredible experience.

About the Band

This week, I am talking about Oscar Soul Experience. The band is made of several members which include: bandleader Oscar Ögren (Vocals & Guitar), Lucas Johansson (Keys), Niklas Krantz (Guitar), Oliver Löwenham (Bass), Noa Svensson (Drums) as well as members on the trombone and saxophone (I couldn’t find their names). The band was started in 2016, since then they’ve has played over 200 shows and toured around Sweden, China, Finland, the UK, and the USA. They are passionate and talented performers who bring everything they have to the table and aim to spread their love for music and soul to bring people together.

Their Sound

The band’s sound is rooted in old school soul and funk with influences from other genres such as R&B, rock, and jazz. Their sound is inspired by artists such as Bill Withers, Al Green, Prince, Stevie Wonder, Sly and the Family Stone, and D’angelo. Besides playing covers, they also write and perform original music. No matter what type of music you are into their music will get you off your feet and dancing all night long.

Spotify