Music Monday: Mind Us

It is a beautiful Monday here in Stockholm. It might be the sunshine, the fact that I am no longer sick, I have had a great weekend or that I’ve been surrounded by great music. I think its all of the above…

One of my friends and I needed something to do on Friday night and so we decided to head to Eataly in Stockholm and see Mind Us perform. We got some great pizza and gelato and made friends (maybe?) with the guys in the band.

I am so excited to highlight their band this week. Unfortunately, I don’t have too much information about them to share except that their music is great and everyone in the band is so sweet and of course, Swedish 😉 I might be a little biased since I know Mattias (he’s my LLC coordinator, there will be info about it soon!) but that shouldn’t sway you from listening to them!

About the Band

The band, Mind Us, is made up of four friends: Hjalmar Paulsson Rokke (guitar, lead vocals), Erik Jalkéus (bass, vocals), Kalle Hammarberg (percussion, vocals) and occasionally Mattias Olofsson (jazz guitar).

Their Sound

We actually had a great conversation about genres and what their band might fit into. (if you’re curious about genres, these two sites are interesting, one about history and one that’s explorative ) My first thought was they have a sound that’s similar to John Mayer. The chill singer/ songwriter vibes with a little alternative blues and pop sounds. I think the genre neo mellow actually works really well for them. They have a sound that’s easy to listen to at any time of day, whether it be with morning coffee or an evening dinner.

Spotify