Music Monday: Shout Out Louds

If I could shout, I would be shouting about how great this band is. Unfortunately, I can’t because I am still sick, but I suppose that’s how it goes once it starts getting cold and when I choose to go out too much (see my post last week).

I would absolutely love to see this band live, but the night they are playing I will be leaving for Geneva, Switzerland for my core course long study tour (Stay tuned for a post about that!) So if you’re in Stockholm and looking for something to do October 27th, check them out, and let me know how it was!

About the Band

The band, Shout Out Louds, is made up of childhood friends Adam Olenius (vocals), Ted Malmros (bass), and Carl von Arbin (guitars), as well as Eric Edman (drummer) and Bebban Stenborg (keyboard). The band originally started as a hobby in 2001 but has since grown to be internationally recognized (in my opinion, not enough). They’ve gone from playing small bars and clubs in Stockholm to signing with Capitol Records, one of the biggest record companies in the United States. They’ve played at festivals such as Coachella alongside bands such as Weezer and Coldplay and have toured with The Strokes, The Magic Numbers, The Rosebuds, and The Essex Green.

Their Sound

They encompass what it means to be an indie-pop band but with a slight alternative sound. They have an upbeat and melodic sound and almost seem to make sad songs sound happy as well as the other way around. One of their popular songs, Jumbo Jet, reminds me a little of the band Cage the Elephant. When I listen to them I just imagine summer and sitting outside by the fire or watching the day go by on the porch. I feel like this band is perfect to listen to whether you’re studying, working or just hanging out.

Spotify