A Story Yet To Be Told- The Journey to Stockholm

“So close you can almost taste it…

-Natasha Bedingfield

Flight #1- Chicago, IL

Sitting in the airport waiting for my flight, the song Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield comes to mind. A song that I probably haven’t thought about in over 4 years, yet I find myself feeling like the beginning of an early 2000’s movie. There is of the excitement and anticipation of my life about to change.

The last week has flown by. It was accompanied by lots of stress about packing (you can see my post about it here!) and an overwhelming amount of love and support from my co-workers, friends, and family.

The week wouldn’t be complete without an outing with some of my best friends doing what we do best, eating pizza and playing video games. I wanted to make sure I got a picture of us all together (It’s pretty rare) so I can look back on all the fun times we have and will continue to have when the FOMO (fear of missing out) kicks in later this semester.

Blake, Carter, Cole and I at Up-Down Bar in Uptown Minneapolis. Having a blast playing our favorite classic arcade games and finishing the night with some pizza!

Remembering that it’s not goodbye forever, just see you later!

I never thought I would see Chicago slow down, but the city proved me wrong. Sitting in the airport at 2 am, the silence reminded me of anywhere but the bustling city that I know. Trying to stay awake through the night to acclimate myself to the time change I’ll be facing in Sweden proved to be a difficult task since I am very much not a night person. I did find that the maintenance staff are all very friendly and offered some great comments on my random dancing while trying to stay awake. As the city woke and people started rushing through the airport, I couldn’t help but start to feel as if I was in a music video. The feeling of going through a busy crowd with nowhere to go.

Flight #2- Newark, NJ

I’ve gotten maybe 2 hours of sleep so far and I am so ready to just get to where I need to be. I would highly recommend not having this much time for layovers, I have no idea what to do with myself anymore besides spend absurd amounts of money on airport food.

I had some strange cravings for Asian food and hot chocolate while sleep deprived.

Flight #3- Stockholm, Sweden

The flight went much better than I expected. I was sat between two very nice gentlemen, one of which lives in Stockholm and the other was just visiting for the day before he moves on. The exhaustion from not sleeping helped the flight go by quickly. I don’t remember taking off and woke up only because of the smell of food. The excitement overcame any exhaustion I had once we landed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many pine trees! Going through the airport was a breeze, I took the express train and made it to my housing without getting lost. I have to say so far things are looking up.

Updates about my first impressions of Stockholm… COMING SOON