About me

I am originally from New Zealand where I was a general manager for a retail chain for over a decade. I arrived in the U.S. in 2000 where I worked at Dartmouth College in the Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network. I  came to St. Olaf in 2004. I am a passionate educator and confident leader. I enjoy critically evaluating curriculum to ensure student needs are met effectively. As the Director for the Business and Management Studies program I have made changes in our overall curriculum to support diversity and access and to improve student outcomes.

I teach Marketing, Design Thinking & Entrepreneurship, Innovation in New Zealand, Organizational Storytelling and Management Policy and Strategy. For more information please see my resume.

I seek to have active and immersive experiences with students where they can have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom to real world problems. A core focus of much of my work has been in the area of creativity and innovation. As an entrepreneur, I strive to work on the edge of my comfort zone and be constantly learning new techniques from others that can improve my teaching. Please read more in my Statement of Professional Activity 2023.docx (1).

I have travelled widely and have lived in New Zealand, the UK and for the last 23 years, the US.

I am delighted to share that I have been accepted onto the Fulbright Specialist Roster for a tenure of three years beginning on 10/13/2023. I plan to complete the project during my professional leave in spring ’25.

I have served as a member on local non-profit boards for the last 12 years. I am also an avid runner and has run seven half-marathons to date. I live in Northfield, MN, with my partner, Herman, and have two adult sons, Mason & Finn.

MY TOP 5 STRENGTHS from Gallup Strengths Finder
1 Strategic
2 Activator
3 Communication
4 Arranger
5 Individualization