Hej! I’m Kailey!

Welcome to Dansking Queen, a blog following my adventures studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark. 

During the Spring of 2019, I will be studying Strategic Communications at the DIS Copenhagen. In this core course, I will be studying the media trends in the heart of Europe as well as traveling to Western Denmark and London, England. I’ll also be taking Travel Writing, Social Media and Virtual Worlds, and a class called “What’s So Funny?” which is all about comedy and satire. But, before I get into all that jazz, a little about me…

My name is Kailey Favaro and I’m from Crystal Lake, Illinois. Crystal Lake is a suburb of Chicago – so suburban, in fact, that its motto is “A Good Place to Live.” After living here my entire life, I packed up my bags and moved even farther into the Midwest to St. Olaf, a small liberal arts college in Minnesota. I’m currently a junior there studying English and media studies. So here I go again, packing my bags (more like cramming my bags with everything I could possibly need for four months of my life … read my packing list here) for yet another adventure of a lifetime. But we will get to that VERY SOON. 

You may have noticed my love of movies and music (hence the Broadway-inspired blog name). I do LOVE movies and literature and art and music and will likely insert many references to these things in my blog posts. At St. Olaf, I am involved in choir and voice lessons (pictured below). I’m also an editor at my school newspaper (#ReadTheMess) where I can delve into my loves for writing and design. During my time in Denmark, I will be able to further explore these passions living in The Performative City Arts LLC and writing here on this blog.

I’m completely stoked about this trip. I’ve watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty about a million times and I’m ready for my own Mitty moment. I’m ready to live like a local in the Land of the Danes (and write about the true locals Humans of New York style). I’m ready to immerse myself in Danish culture – everything from eating lots of pastries (which won’t be hard, trust me) to biking everywhere to discovering the meaning of Hygge. And I’m excited to write all about it! 

I encourage you to reach out to me with any questions! You can reach me by email

Thank you,

Kailey