Supporting Experiences

Leadership

Residence Life: I have been and continue to be an RA for 40-60 residents. I maintain and safe and welcoming environment for them to live in, as well as planning events for my residents regularly.  Additionally I served as Student Hall Coordinator for Hilleboe/Kittelsby, helping to advise/supervise a team of 11 staff members and a residence hall of 370 students. 

Student Government Association: I was the executive assistant of the budgeting branch of SGA. My branch specifically deals with recognizing and funding student organizations on campus. 

Administration 

Building supervisor: I was in charge of two recreational buildings for which I had to schedule clubs to use the space (volleyball, swimming, etc) and organize the memberships into computer and paper files. 

Poster room renovation: I was given $1800 and 3 months to redo a room used by students to create posters and other publicity materials. I had to budget time and money, and work with the director of the space to create a productive space. 

Columbia University Internship: I acted as financial intern for the conference housing department of Columbia University. I created budget spreadsheets and presentations. I was on a 3-person team who facilitated a visitng conference from start to finish (a 2.5 month process) that creates $2.1 million in revenue.

Work Experience 

Nursing Assistant: Spending the summer as a NAR gave me very relevant insight to the practices of nursing aides and allowed me to observe the work of nurses in the long term care setting.