AskNature is the world’s most comprehensive catalog of nature’s solutions to human design challenges. This curated online library features free information on more than 1,800 (and growing!) natural phenomena and hundreds of bio-inspired applications.
Pressing environmental issues:
What is biomimicry?
Based on animal structure:
Based on plant structure:
Articles about Biomimetic Design
- Artificial Photosynthesis: Saving Solar Energy for a Rainy Day
- ‘Artificial leaf’ makes fuel from sunlight – MIT News
- LEARNING FROM THE OCTOPUS by Rafe Sagarin
- ARCHITECTURE FOLLOWS NATURE by Ilaria Mazzoleni
- BIODISEÑO by Janitzio Égido Villarreal
- BIOMIMICRY IN ARCHITECTURE by Michael Pawlyn
- GAIA: A NEW LOOK AT LIFE ON EARTH by James Lovelock
- DESIGN BY NATURE by Maggie Macnab