Have you ever wanted to learn how to use a new software program, digital film/audio equipment, or even how make your gmail account more organized? Lynda can help!
It’s the DH and IT interns again and this time we want to talk about a great new digital tool that’s available for everyone on campus to use. IIT recently invested in a campus subscription to the online tutorial website, lynda.com. We’re pretty excited about this website in IIT because it has so many helpful software tutorials and training courses. If you just want to learn to edit images in photoshop, lynda.com tutorials can help, but they can also teach you basic and advanced fundamentals. Lynda.com doesn’t just have software tutorials, there are also courses covering business skills, networking, educational software, and even accounting basics.
We hope everyone will take advantage of Lynda’s educational possibilities, but in case you’re still wondering what you can learn with this site, here are some ideas:
- Learn Adobe design software like Photoshop and InDesign
- Get caught up with Stats homework with tutorials on R
- Filter St. Olaf extra emails by learning how to create labels in Gmail
- Make more engaging presentations with PowerPoint, Prezi and Keynote tutorials
- Practice graphic design and typography skills by making a Victorian advertisement
- Learn how to code and customize your websites with CSS
- Learn how to create 3D models in Blender to be printed with our new 3D printer
- Create course lessons in iBooks
- Save money and learn how to photograph your own family portraits
- Take your pages.stolaf.edu site to the next level with tutorials on WordPress
That’s just a sampling of some of Lynda’s offerings. Click here to log in with the St. Olaf account and start exploring for yourself!