You are invited to participate in the Spring 2014 Learning Communities sponsored by CILA, IT, and the Libraries. This spring, the topic is “Tools & Techniques for Online Learning,” and the five sessions will be a dynamic mix of discussion, exploration of tools and techniques for online learning, and hands-on practice with these technologies.
Schedule of Topics:
- Online Video Interaction: Vidyo, Google Hangouts, & Skype
- Screencasts for the Flipped Classroom & Video Assignments
- Active Learning with Clickers and Polling
- Collaborative Writing & Online Text Interaction: Piazza & Moodle Forums, WordPress Blogs, & Google Docs
- Online Quizzes & Digital Rubrics
These learning communities are part of an ongoing project with Carleton College, providing an emphasis on collaborative learning, both with the St. Olaf groups and with the parallel community at Carleton
Dates and Locations:
We have set up two groups for this learning community, the first meeting on five Thursdays from 12:50-1:45 p.m. and the second on five Fridays from 11:50-12:45 p.m.
- Thursdays, 12:50-1:45 p.m.: Feb. 20, March 6 & 13, April 10, May 8
- Fridays, 11:50-12:45 p.m.: Feb. 21, March 7 & 14, April 11, May 9
- Loan of an iPad with the St. Olaf set of apps for fall semester
- 10-15 faculty per session
- Staffed by CILA, IT, the Libraries, and student assistants
- Follow-up CILA lunches and student help during 2013-14 academic year
- Joint events with faculty and staff from the Carleton College learning community
Please join us for a semester of sharing what you know and exploring new possibilities for innovation in teaching and research! If you would like to sign up for the Digital Scholarship Learning Community, please fill out the form below.
For more information see the Learning Community website.